EVENTS AT HYCROFT
.....FOR CLUB MEMBERS AND FOR THE PUBLIC
Throughout the year many events are open to the public. These are as diverse as the interest of our members and range from lectures and dinners to concerts and performances to art exhibits and speakeasies. Check out the Event Page.
Here is a sample:
- Art Exhibitions and Gallery Openings: Each month juried art exhibitions are displayed in the Gallery at Hycroft. Selection, displays and opening reception are organized by our Vis Arts Committee
- Musical Performances: Concerts and events are planned and presented throughout the year. Regular events include Rediscovered Treasures of Chamber Music, performed by the Vancouver Chamber Players, and Jazz Casuals.
- Seasonal Lunches, Brunches, Teas, Dinners, Summer Barbecues: catered by Hycroft Hospitality these events sometimes featuring entertainment
- The Hycroft Lecture: Our special Hycroft Lectures have featured many accomplished Canadian Women: The Honourable Louise Arbour, former United Nations High Commissioner of Human Rights; The Honourable Beverley McLachlin, Chief Justice of Canada, Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond, B.C.'s Representative for Children and Youth; Carole Taylor, former Chair of the CBC's Board of Directors; Dr. Penny J. Ballem, City Manager, City of Vancouver. Watch for upcoming lectures.
- Speakers and Forums on a variety of topics: Human Rights issues, Education and Early Learning, Elections and Electoral Process, Health and Fitness, Bountiful, Arts in Vancouver, Heritage and more. Often with an option of including lunch or dinner. We have a saying, 'feed them and they will come'.....
- Christmas at Hycroft: Our splendid prelude to Vancouver's holiday season, in support of Hycroft Heritage Preservation Foundation, features our gracious clubhouse festively adorned for the occasion. Every year thousands of visitors flock to Hycroft to enjoy the decorated halls, buy lovely gifts from local artisans and partake of the good cheer of a Hycroft Christmas. Join us for the 43rd Christmas at Hycroft 19 - 22 November 2015.
Upcoming Events please click here.